Monday, January 20, 2014

1/19/14

Even though I've already begun studying for Chem 2, up to today I was studying only from my notes and a random assortment of textbooks. Starting today I was able to get my hands on the syllabus for the Hofstra Chem 1 and 2 courses and the textbook that would have otherwise cost me around $325. Under the assumption that the coursework for Chem 1 at Hofstra would be more difficult that Farmingdale I decided that the best way to review for Chem 2 would be to do all the homework assignments for Chem 1 and the first assignment for Chem 2. Chem 1 assignments consist of 1 review Chapter and 16 main Chapters, each with about 20-30 questions per chapter. After getting through the review chapter and the first chapter it's clear Farmingdale missed a few things.This not only makes me feel better about my decision to review in this way but my choice of Hofstra as a school - the quality difference is noticeable already.

The current plan is to plow through a semesters worth of coursework in a week - 2 to 3 chapters of work a night until Chem 2 starts on Monday the 27th with the lab and the class on the 28th.

one step at a time.

"you do not rise to the occasion but rather sink to the level of your expertise"

No comments:

Post a Comment